The acidity of soil is measured by its pH. If your soil is less than 6.0, applying J. Arthur Bower’s Garden Lime will be helpful in countering the acidity. J. Arthur Bower’s Garden Lime can also help break down heavy soils..
Gardeners have been using lime for years to improve soil conditions and this natural ingredient really is the key to quality soil - for not only does the application of lime raise the PH level of the soil, it improves the crumb structure in heavy soils and in itself is a form of calcium.
The J Arthur Bowers world renowned Garden Lime we stock is supplied in a 10kg bucket (coverage 100m²), is made from ground limestone and should be applied in late autumn or early winter when the ground is frost free. Use garden lime on particularly acidic soils each year - neutral soil will benefit from an application every 3 years - by scattering over the soil surface and forking in well, and don't forget to treat your brassica plot with garden lime too as a higher PH will help discourage club root.
- Garden Lime supplied in 10kg Buckets.
- Used for centuries in agriculture and horticulture.
- Apply to acidic soils to raise PH levels.
- Scatter over soil surface in autumn/winter.
- Don't apply if ground is frozen.
- Fork in well after application.
- Use on border soil, vegetable plots and allotments.
- 10kg bucket covers 100m²
- Apply at a rate of 100-200g per m²
- Improves structure of heavy soils.
- Adds valuable calcium to soil.
- Take care to keep off plant leaves.
- Don't apply on windy days.
- Completely natural product.
- Made from ground limestone.
- Was hands after use.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from children, pets and foodstuffs
Usage Instructions (PDF)
25kg Bag RRP £24.99
Our Price: Login to See Members Price